Welcome!


Welcome Friends! I hope you enjoy tasting these teaching and travel tidbits.
Come along with me as I attempt to navigate my way through a new country, school system, and life for a year!


Monday, May 13, 2013

Over Hill, Over Dale

In the interest of catching up on my blog (which I have fallen woefully behind on) I'm going to let the pictures tell the story of my day in the Yorkshire Dales.  My friend and fellow Fulbrighter, Tessa, lives between the Lakes District and the Dales, so on Saturday Susan and I joined Tessa for a trip to the Lakes and on Sunday we toured through the Dales.  I hope you enjoy the views, I know I did!

Ribblehead Viaduct
Trail to Hardraw Force

Hardraw Force,the Highest Single Drop Falls in the UK

You get here by passing through the Green Dragon Pub
where you pay 2 pounds and walk out the back door to the trail.
If you've seen Robin Hood Prince of Thieves,
you may recognize this as the spot Kevin Costner
was caught taking a naked swim.


Tessa on the Trail

Tessa and Susan at the Falls




Sheep along the Trail to the Falls


Red Letterbox Bricked into the Wall

Falls with Beautiful Church in the Background

Lovely Woodland Covered in Wood Anemone

Susan and Me have a Time Out on the Bench


Susan, Me and Tessa at Aysgarth Falls

Aysgarth Falls 





Where Kevin Costner had his Big Sword Fight in Robin Hood Prince of Thieves



Yore Mill

James Herriot Country!
I don't remember the significance of this rock, but it was there....


...so I climbed it.

Despite the wind, Susan Made it to the Top, Too!

On the Windswept Heath




Over hill, over dale,
Through bush, through briar,
Over park, over pale,
Through blood, through fire,
I do wander everywhere,
Swifter than the moone’s sphere;
And I serve the fairy queen,
To dew her orbs upon the green.
The cowslips tall her pensioners be:
In their gold coats spots you see;
Those be rubies, fairy favours,
In those freckles live their savours:
I must go seek some dewdrops here,
And hang a pearl in every cowslip’s ear.
Farewell, thou lob of spirits; I’ll be gone:
Our queen and all her elves come here anon.


-William Shakespeare, Midsummer's Night Dream


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to let me know what you think!